Aviation Flight Technology
The Bachelor of Science in Aviation Flight Technology is designed to prepare individuals for positions as professional pilots in the aviation industry. The program takes an individual from private pilot through certified flight instructor. It also includes a number of specialized courses incorporating aviation business and management skills, aerodynamics, aviation law and regulations and crew resource management. The program includes a general education curriculum designed to provide a well-rounded knowledge foundation.
You'll receive your FAA Part 141 certified flight training in some of the most advanced aircraft on the market. The majority of our fleet is comprised of Cessna Skyhawk 172 SP’s. These modern aircraft are equipped with state of the art Garmin G1000 glass cockpit avionics. These courses are offered at the Eagle Flight Center at the Willow Run Airport.
EMU Aviation offers personalized study to non-enrolled individuals with specific flight training needs through our community learner program. Contact us for more information.
See current general education requirements.
Major Requirements (74 credit hours)
- AVT 100 Introduction to Air Transportation (3)
- AVT 110 Aircraft Maintenance I (3)
- AVT 120 Flight Operations I (3)
- AVT 170 Aviation Ground Instruction (3)
- AVT 208 Aviation Human Factors (3)
- AVT 215 Aviation Weather (3)
- AVT 220 Flight Operations II (3)
- AVT 222 Introduction to Automation in Aviation (3)
- AVT 255 Private Pilot Certification (4)
- AVT 263 Aircraft Systems (3)
- AVT 303 Aviation Law and Insurance (3)
- AVT 313 Aviation Industry Regulations (3)
- AVT 320 Aviation Safety (3)
- AVT 321 Cockpit and Crew Resource Management (3)
- AVT 322 System Safety in Aviation (3)
- AVT 341 Instrument Ground Instruction (2)
- AVT 342 Commercial Ground Instruction (2)
- AVT 355 Instrument Pilot Certification (4)
- AVT 361 Commercial Complex Certification (2)
- AVT 371 Commercial Pilot Certification (2)
- AVT 382 Flight Instructor Ground Instruction (3)
- AVT 384 Multi-engine/Aircraft Systems Ground Instruction (3)
- AVT 419 High Airspeed Aerodynamics/High Altitude Flight (3)
- AVT 422 Senior Seminar in Aviation Management (3)
- AVT 426 Advanced Flight–Multi-Engine (2)
- AVT 427 Advanced Flight–Flight Instructor Airplane (2)